Sunday, January 04, 2004

Hello.

The first day of school was fine, and busy. In fact, I've been generally busy the past 3 or so days. The 2nd of January felt pleasantly like a new year at Hogwarts, especially since we're also getting to know newbies at HOL. We didn't have any lessons, just loads of talks, which was a good thing since I didn't feel very prepared for school. Had a Buckle video project meeting, and was appallingly disorganised; I'll do better next time. Anyway, it's good that the project is kick-starting, so is the Heritage Tree Trial, three cheers for that.

Saturday was a long, long day. We had CCA orientation, which was quite an encouragement, because currently it looks like we're gonna double our membership with the sign-ups we got. A dismal number of people turned up at our booth though, even though they were supposed to. Perhaps 1. we were on the second floor and no one wanted to climb up, and 2. we were the last of the cluster, so when the classes didn't have time to come see us, they didn't. Still, the sign-ups weren't bad at all.

After CCA Orientation some of us had a chat and my conclusion is that the school is taking away culture. Honestly, after Saturday morning I became increasingly annoyed and frustrated with the school, but since they seem to be able to track blogs as well, and because I do have a certain fondness for my school, I won't elaborate. But seriously, culture is fading from here. It makes me upset.

In the afternoon we had a combined house mass dance practice which had a pretty good turnout considering I couldn't seem to contact people. I hope next Wednesday's session with the sec 1s go well.

And then after that I went home, dumped my stuff, and went out again to have a second session of bass guitar. I've learnt the whole of Californication already, I just don't do it perfectly, which is okay, because I'll keep at it and it'll come. We wasted time after that talking about what songs we're going to play in the rock band. I don't like disagreeing, and I was quite upset after the pointless discussion, because it was, well, pointless. But no matter, it'll pick up, we'll have meetings and everything; I've just drawn up a detailed action plan for Guitar Club's 2004. We'll discuss things with our teachers-in-charge and see how it goes.

I'd like to continue playing bass, or learn electric guitar after the concert too. It gets fun.

Today I watched ROTK. It was good, but:
1. There were certain (nitpicky) things the editors could have done to possibly make it better.
2. Script was predictable (especially Gimli's lines, for some reason).
3. Gah to the throwaway characters and lines (Legolas and Gimli).
4. Double gah to obvious pointless rubbish lines ("A diversion!")
I liked some parts of the script though. They were lineless. I also liked the music, a lot. A lot. *fervent nodding* LOTR has a very distinct style - loads of cutaway things (not exactly cutaways - like flashbacks, but not it; they seem to help tell the story) which I don't fancy much, and those silent surreal scene things (like Jack Neo; Hero also had some scenes like that), which I quite like.

Oh well. *waits for Harry Potter - 4th June!*

No comments: