Sunday, December 04, 2005

Imma be in the news

... kinda.

A reporter called me and asked me about the canning of the Singapore Buskers' Fest. I was stupid and cried about it, but ah gah, I'm really really going to miss it if it's never coming back. Apparantly Jimmy Wong (the producer) has been having a hard time finding sponsors. And the festival is moving to KL.

My mum asked "ooh! when!" I said next year. And she said "oh, I thought Christmas, if Christmas then we go ^_^"

And I realised that see, it's not just me the shallow kid who enjoys the festival. My mum was the one who brought me to it in the first place.

I also realised I was perhaps somewhat mean to Jimmy Wong in this post, but I thought (and still think) that funding for the Festival could be taken care of by STB. It's a wonderful festival, and tourists here for the festive season would have experiences to take home - Orchard Road lined with street performances with Christmas just round the corner... that's something lovely, it is.

I still think the programme booklets were godawful though. But it shouldn't matter, because the people matter. The buskers and the crowds and the spirit of laughter and giving and having fun matters.

This festival really matters.

No comments: