Sunday, September 18, 2005

I have been stabbed in the heart.

Email exchange:

Dear Eun ice ..

Thanks you so much for being such a big fan of the buskers festival .. but I regret to inform you that I will not be staging the event this year .. as a result of lack of financial resources… will do my best for next year.

Jimmy Wong

*

!!

Does this mean that there will be no festival this year, or is someone else producing it? o_O

Eunice

*

IT means that there is NO festival this year!

Jimmy Wong


*DIES*


I was going to produce the Buskers' Festival one day, too. I was going to make it all bigger and better. Their programme booklets were godawful. I was going to put it all right.

Every single year I look forward to the Festival. I have been going since 9 years ago, when it started. The past couple of years, I got my friends addicted to it. We started a website because of it. Hell, I wanted a cool hat because of it; I wanted to wear a cool hat to the festival so that the buskers would say "hey, nice hat" and wink and I would be filled with joy. This festival did so much for me (apart from making me shallow).

I laughed at all the stupid, brilliant, lame, beautiful busker jokes. I cried over buskers leaving. I have wonderful memories of buskers - Etienne, Dan, Dynamike, Pedro, J-P... These people are beautiful, these people are down-to-earth and fucking talented. I wanted so much to see them again. I wanted to go crazy again. I wanted to bring my new friends along for the ride and laugh and cry and cheer and shout with them. I wait one whole year, and then suddenly it's taken from me.

Also, I haven't quite achieved my goal of getting all the buskers' autographs yet.

Shit. This festival means a lot to me. I can wait another year, but something tells me Jimmy Wong isn't going to get his ass together for next year either.