Tuesday, December 25, 2007

end-of-year memes

I has dem too.

+++

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
[ Go to another country for a holiday without my parents. Fall in love with someone I never met. Bake. Buy stuff online. Intern for 6 months at an international business news channel. Win a video competition. Shoot a video in Hokkien. Learn French. Watch a comedy show at The1NiteStand. Go to HK Disneyland. Completing (we're about to!) a film I'm proud of for Canon DV Fest! HUAT AH. ]

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
[ No, and no. ]

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? [ Nope. ]

4. Did anyone close to you die? [ No. Heng ah. ]

5. What countries did you visit? [ Thailand! And Hong Kong, which was really great. ]

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
[ Direction and motivation. ]

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
[ August 5/6 because that's when we fell in, and December 7 because that's when you claimed me. ]

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
[ Fly-By-Night. Which is quite sad because it really is not a big thing. Was MBA this year? Then MBA, too. ]

9. What was your biggest failure? [ SIP, and so much slackerishness. ]

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
[ I fell quite sick during my internship, I wonder why. ]

11. What was the best thing you bought? [ Hats from Thailand? My boy's birthday presents. ]

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
[ Uh wtf. ]

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
[ Various various people who I don't like. ]

14. Where did most of your money go?
[ I would say... taxi fares. ]

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
[ John flying here. ]

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
[ You're way too beauuuuuuuu-tiful, girl... ]

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
i. happier or sadder? [ I'm happier. :) I'm more anxious, though. ]
ii. thinner or fatter? [ I'm quite sure I'm fatter. :( ]
iii. richer or poorer? [ I think I'm richer. I'm richer in love anyway. X) ]

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
[ Assignments maybe. Getting out of the house. ]

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? [ Slacking. Bumming. Being lazy. ]

20. How will you be spending Christmas? [ In love. ]

22. Did you fall in love in 2007? [ Absolutely. ]

23. How many one-night stands? [ Zero. ]

24. What was your favorite TV program?
[ Heroes. House. CHUCK ZOMG. Ugly Betty. ]

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
[ I don't hate anyone, but I sure have come close to strong dislike. ]

26. What was the best book you read?
[ I read Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, which I really liked, but otherwise I don't think I really read anything. Harry Potter, I guess. I still have books I haven't finished reading - America The Book; Stephen Colbert's I Am America (And So Can You); Wigfield; I am currently reading Sophie's World. ]

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
[ The Hokkien traffic song! LOLOL ]

28. What did you want and get? [ I guess, to fall in love and be loved? ]

29. What did you want and not get? [ To be more conscientious. ]

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
[ Pirates!!!!!!! ]

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
[ I turned 19, and I was in Hong Kong! I spent it with my mum and we were in Disneyland and it was magical. I kept feeling like crying. It was really really magical. ]

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
[ Doing better during SIP. ]

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? [ I don't really have one... my fashion sense is taken over by laziness a lot. ]

34. What kept you sane? [ John. ]

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? [ Hm... it's probably a comedian. Jeff Dunham? ]

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
[ I'm not very stirrable by political issues. ] My answer is always the same.

37. Who did you miss? [ I miss John constantly. Also, I miss Janice Heng, and the mafia. ]

38. Who was the best new person you met? [ John. My John. ]

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
[ Treasure what you have. Don't take anything for granted. ]

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
[ we found love, so don't fight it / life is a rollercoaster just gotta ride it ]

+++

1) Was 2007 a good year for you?
Well, it feels gloomy and trapped and Christmas doesn't feel the same. There are many things that haven't been the same. I haven't had much energy or life in me this year. But I loved again, and that's something that has made me happier than I have been in a long, long, long, long time. So I guess, sure, it's been a good year. And I think 2008's gonna bring many more new and exciting experiences for me.

2) What was your favourite moment of the year?
I don't know. I can't pick. But I can list great moments. The fireworks in Disneyland. The audience response at Fly-By-Night, and then winning after that. Various dinners with Kenny and the Angels. MBA. Ethan's house. And just being with John and being in love.

3) What was your least favourite moment of the year?
The whole of SIP. =(

4) Where were you when 2007 began? and
5) Who were you with?
I don't know, probably doing nothing at home. My archives don't say.

6) Where will you be when 2007 ends?
Probably doing nothing at home. Doing assignments. =(

7) Who will you be with when 2007 ends?
I will be alone! But at least I have someone 10,000 miles away.

8) Did you keep your new year's resolution of 2007?
Nope. Let's review them anyway:

Number One. Get out of bed at least 2 hours before class starts. If not, you will most surely be late for school. [Uh oh, nope. I think I did it for like the first 2 days. ]

Number Two. Be early for school. If not, you will have to eat crappy food that day. No western food, no curry cutlet noodle. *weep* You have been eating crapfood this whole week. [ Nope. I tried very hard at the beginning but my penchant for sleep just took over. ]

Number Three. Make every day a productive day. If not, you will surely feel like you've been beaten over the head with a large metal canister - useless and immobile and sometimes yelled at repeatedly. [ Hahahaha no. ]

Number Four. Put everything back where you found it. If not, the floor will never see the light of day. [*looks at floor* Nope. ]

Number Five. Touch every piece of paper only once. File, or throw. Mostly throw. [ I think I have been killing rainforests this year with all the tissues I have been using. ]

Number Six. Make some art. PLEASE. Any sort, including bits of mail. Every day. Do this and you'll have a portfolio as brilliant as the sun. [ Well I guess I did this, just not every day. I am chipping away at a pathetic sort of portfolio; it isn't half as brilliant as the moon. I did send letters to Janice though! ]

Number Six (B). Mail your bits of mail. [ I did! I did! But no Christmas cards this year. ]

Number Seven. Voice exercises. And sometimes any exercise would be good too. Every day. [ Ha ha ha ha. ]

Number Eight. Read the papers. Every day. Use them to do voice exercises. [ :$ ]

Number Nine. A book a day. Read, read, read. Books are not just for decorating your bookshelf. [ Sigh. I think I have read perhaps a maximum of 5 books this year. ]

Number Ten. Assignments are TOP PRIORITY. Do them, like, now. Do them, and you will sometimes enjoy ice-cream delights. And good grades. If not, you will suffer greatly from an insane lack of sleep. [ LA LA LA LA LA. ]

9) Do you have a new year's resolution for 2007?
No. It doesn't work.

10) Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes, I did.

11) If yes, with who?
One John Michael Burgess.

12) If yes, do they know?
Yes ^_______^

14) Did you have fun in 2007?
I... guess so. XD

15) Did you break-up with anyone in 2007?
Nope.

16) Did you make any new friends in 2007?
I don't think so. Maybe acquaintances.

17) Who are your favourite new friends?
I can't answer this. I haven't made any new friends. Well. John. John is my favourite new friend. I love him.

18) What was your favourite month of 2007?
Aack, I don't know.

19) Did you travel outside Singapore in 2007?
Yes, to HK and Thailand.

20) How many different countries did you travel to in 2007?
I think two; that's all I remember.

21) Did you lose anyone close to you in 2007?
No.

22) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
I've answered this.

23) What was your favourite movie that you saw in 2007?
PIRATES!!!!!!!!

24) What was your favourite song from 2007?
Hokkien traffic song LOLOLOL. Ok lah it's not a 2007 song. Um... I dunno! I don't listen to music any more.

25) What was your favourite record from 2007?
Dunno.

26) How many concerts did you see in 2007?:
Zeroooo.

27) Did you have a favourite concert in 2007?
No.

28) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2007?
Well I've never been drunk. ... people might say otherwise but I've never been drunk! Only buzzed.

29) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2007?
No, just a little. Hahaha no lah no drugs for meee.

30) How many people did you sleep with in 2007?
Mmm sex for me. Let's say... ten thousand!!!!!

31) Did you lose anything important this year?
I soaked my phone in soapy water. =( NOT ON PURPOSE. But it iz ded.

33) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2007?
Uhh... I dunno.

34) Did you treat somebody badly in 2007?
Maybe.

35) Did somebody treat you badly in 2007?
Not really.

36) How much money did you spend in 2007?
I think it could be safe to say "more than in any other year".

37) What was your proudest moment of 2007?
Uhh... I dunno. Fly-By-Night?

38) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2007?
I dunnooooooo.

39) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2007 and change something, what would it be?
I would not fucking cry at my CNBC interview.

40) What are your plans for 2008?
I HAVE NO IDEA. IT MAKES ME SAD AND DESPERATE.

1 comment:

FuSe said...

HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHA LIRL