Thursday, December 23, 2004

The end of year meme (stolen, as usual, from Janice).

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
[ Archery! codeRED. Not cry at the end of the school year. Comedy festival?]

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
[ No, and we'll see when it comes. ]

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? [ No, but my cousin's pregnant! ]

4. Did anyone close to you die? [ Choi! No! ]

5. What countries did you visit? [ Malaysia truly Aaaasia! ]

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
[ Confidence and some sort of time management skills. ]

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
[ Maybe 21 Nov, the last day of this year's Buskers' Festival. It rocked out. J-P rocked out. The whole Festival was beautiful. ]

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
[ I guess what Buckle achieved; I was, in some way, a part of it all. ]

9. What was your biggest failure? [ The failed balancing act? How about as a human being, in general? ]

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
[ Well I currently have battlescars from archery... ]

11. What was the best thing you bought? [ All your Christmas presents. ]

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
[ Huh? ]

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
[ x_O ]

14. Where did most of your money go?
[ Your Christmas presents. ]

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
[ The Buskers' Festival. HPB BEING COMPLETED. ]

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
[ Hanyin Likes Potatoes. ]

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
i. happier or sadder? [ Dunno. I couldn't sleep last night; I was feeling a little depressed I think. ]
ii. thinner or fatter? [ Fatter I think. ]
iii. richer or poorer? [ Poorer, so much poorer. Oh woe is me! ]

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
[ Study? Read. Have more fun. ]

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? [ Being lazy. Being a jerk. ]

20. How will you be spending Christmas? [ Sleeping in, possibly, then a housewarming, and then Christmas dinner with the relatives. ]

22. Did you fall in love in 2004? [ No, only a fleeting crush. Then again there was Jeff Davis, Brad Sherwood and now Dayo Wong. ]

23. How many one-night stands? [ None. Like, none. ]

24. What was your favorite TV program?
[ Whose Line Is It Anyway? ]

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
[ I don't hate anyone. ]

26. What was the best book you read?
[ I didn't read much. And nothing in my mind stands out. It'd be pretty sad to mention a textbook. ]

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
[ I listened to much less radio this year too. Say... Electrico? Er, Joe Satriani? Oh I don't know. ]

28. What did you want and get? [ John Williams CD. To be a cheerleader, though I was quite miserable there. For Buckle to win BOH. ]

29. What did you want and not get? [ Time. All the buskers' autographs. Other things in the sidebar. ]

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
[ Didn't watch much. Oh! Il Postino. ]

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
[ I went to school and recieved a Blimey Birthday Bashes package (the letter is on my wall), a bag full of wonderful stuff, and various other lovely presents, all from the best friends I could hope to have. I turned 16. ]

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
[ Entering the Canon film fest. ]

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? [ Er. ]

34. What kept you sane? [ I don't know. ]

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? [ Fancy? Like what? ... Brad Sherwood? Dayo Wong? ]

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
[ I'm not very stirrable by political issues. ]

37. Who did you miss? [ Melody, sometimes. ]

38. Who was the best new person you met? [ The newbies at HOL perhaps. ]

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
[ Smile at people. It's got to help, somehow. ]

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
[ Here, I'll write my own:

it doesn't seem like you did much
but that's what it says on paper
towards the end you gave it up
told your future, "see you later,
I don't care"
everyone else all did better
what happened to the go-getter?
but nothing ever did matter
your eyes were never any wetter
cos you met the best people of them all
and you've no regrets, no regrets at all


shiny happy people laughing
shiny happy people holding haaands... ]