Thursday, August 31, 2006

Be With Me

Yesterday, in between watching Stephen Colbert on youtube and animating his epic lightsaber battle, I watched the critally acclaimed Eric Khoo film, Be With Me.

My goodness, it was so good that... I couldn't appreciate it.

I thought it was the most godawfully boring thing I had ever seen.

I have no patience for arty films that move soooo fucking slowly my gooodness it was terrible.

There were about 5 lines of dialogue, 10 seconds of music, half a camera movement, and 3 storylines which to me had no-fucking-thing to do with each other.

As far as I could tell, it was about two lesbo girls who have guyish names like Jackie and Sam, and Sam decides she likes guys named Brian more, but then at the end decides to switch back to girls and makes out with her classmate on a roof. That was about the most interesting thing that happened.

There were so many SMSes going on, and I realised that DINGDING - Freeman might have been inspired by this show to write the very depressing Canon script. I am making it my personal responsibility to ensure our story actually MOVES and GOES SOMEWHERE.

There was also this stalker of a security guard who liked this chio executive and keeps standing outside her house which has full glass windows so he can see in, and when he's not stalking her he eats too damn much.

It was also about Teresa Chan who is deaf and blind, and therefore there was like complete silence and 10 000 lines of subtitles.

It was like reading a damn book.

I read the accolades on the DVD cover and some person from the New York Times said "I was in tears by the end". WTF? Yeah I was in tears too - tears of effing boredom.

Fuck, what a waste of my time.

No comments: