Friday, May 19, 2006

knackered

That's what I am.

I got home just a while ago from Alliance Francaise, where The Glass Menagerie is starting its run tomorrow.

But now I shall recount my day, because I feel like it.

And I shall do it Gina-esque. Because I feel like it.

*

1. sand mounds as big as my dreams go trundling by, with life on wheels, and me driving it. we talked about love, and morals, and love again, and how some people just cannot walk away. and then, for the first time i felt for you, because i know how love can curdle like milk (and how you have to drink it up anyway).

2. bright lights, and strangers, and two seconds of piercing silence. we barely knew each other, but we all knew of the rain, and we all liked colour. we talked of our second home, of its warmth and vitality. laughter and song painted a canvas of numbers over with red, orange, purple, green acrylics. they bought a picture of 12 boys and girls in love.

3. we are still children, and we want it to be tea-time forever. we play guessing games and giggle in the back row. then i spell in capital letters, and wonder if there is vitriol on my breath.

4. baked beans and bread on the table, candlelight through glass, flower in her hair and an irish boy. home was on your way. i counted the streetlights and collapsed into love and dreams.

No comments: